The Old Mill Animal Hospital is a one-stop, full-service pet health facility, built in and around Dayboro's historic old sawmill building. We provide services for any species that walks through the door (except equine) and also perform house calls and farm visits. We pride ourselves on our high level of patient care provided with a warm, positive country attitude. We are committed to providing our clients with the highest level of professional and compassionate veterinary service.
- Full time maternity leave position- end of February 2019 to September 2019 with the opportunity for 2 week gradual handover period.
- Variety of mixed animal, semi-rural practice without the after hours commitment (80% canine, 10% feline, 10% other)
- Highly trained nursing staff and all of the modern toys including im3 dental equipment, MyLabOne eSaote ultrasound, digital CR and in-house biochemistry and haematology.
- Opportunity to develop skills through internal training both in clinic and through access to our purpose built practical training centre.
Join a team that works together to act in the best interests of patients and clients and has fun too. We believe strongly in team involvement, setting goals and forming strategies together through regular team meetings, and then striving together to meet them. We operate with open, honest communication and we believe it is our strong team and positive can do attitude is what makes us a great clinic.
What we are looking for:
- BVSc or equivalent and state based veterinary registration
- A minimum of two years' experience with the ability to sole charge
- High standards of care with a focus on preventative health
- Exceptional client relationship building skills
- Flexibility to try new things and learn every day.
- Ability to commit to a rotational Saturday roster.
- Ability to examine animals, small and large and exotic, to diagnose their health problems and recommend best practice treatment
What’s on offer?
- Full time maternity leave position- end of February 2019 to September 2019
- Variety of mixed animal practice without the after hours commitment (80% canine, 10% feline, 10% other).
- Modern equipment and systems to allow you to focus on standards of care in a beautiful purpose built clinic.
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose built veterinary training facilities
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals
- Generous remuneration (commensurate with experience) and excellent conditions
For further information about our clinic, please visit http://oldmillvet.com.au/
If you are interested in working with a great team with plenty of support and challenging and rewarding cases, please Apply Now or contact Shanda Lodge, Recruitment Coordinator, on 0407 300 263 or firstname.lastname@example.org